Training courses for Plumbers and Gas Safe Engineers
If you are looking for training to kick start your career as a plumber, upskill from plumbing or become a Gas Safe Engineer your search stops here. At Hampshire Training and Assessments we pride ourselves in providing first class training courses for those wishing to become a plumber, electrician or gas engineer.
All our certified gas training courses will give you the knowledge you need to start in/upskill in your chosen profession. For those who are entering the industry with very little knowledge or experience, we have put together a package that will give you everything you need to become a qualified domestic gas engineer.
Gas Courses such as:
Our New Entrant Plumbing and Gas Access Program provides the required experience in both plumbing and gas to enable your new career as a Domestic Gas Safe Engineer.
This is a specially developed program which has been put together for anybody who does not have the necessary plumbing qualifications to enrol on the 30 day programme and who wishes to become Gas Safe Registered.
At the end of the 40 day course you will be certified in the following areas:
- Water Regulations (WRAS)
- Energy Efficiency for Gas Fired and Oil Fired Domestic Heating and Hot Water Systems – Part L (EEDHS)
- Hot Water Systems & Safety (inc. Unvented hot water) (HWSS)
- Logic Certification APL (Approved Prior Learning)
- Certificate of attendance for pipework skills
- Domestic Gas ACS – CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CKR1, MET1
- Combustion Performance Analysis (CPA1)
This course is designed for individuals who have a background in a related trade e.g. plumber, kitchen fitter, heating and ventilation engineer.
You will need to provide evidence of your formal qualifications in related industries eg NVQ level 2 in Plumbing.
If this is not the course for you please have a look at our new entrants course.
At the end of the 30 day course you will have covered the following areas:
- Gas safety legislation and standards.
- Gas emergency actions and procedures.
- Products and characteristics of combustion (inc. combustion performance analysis)
- Installation of pipework and fittings.
- Tightness testing and purging.
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators.
- Unsafe situations, emergency notices and warning labels.
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation controls and valves.
- Checking and setting appliance burner pressures and gas rates.
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls.
- Chimney Standards.
- Chimney inspection and testing.
- Installation of open, balanced and fan assisted chimneys.
- Re-establish existing gas supply and relight appliances
On successful completion of the course you will be qualified in the following areas:
CCN1, CENWAT, HTR1, CKR1, MET1 CPA1
All our training courses for plumbers and Gas Safe Engineers are held in our well equipped premises in Portsmouth.
Pick up the phone to one of our advisers today and build your career of choice!