PAT Testing has now moved forward and has brought the inspection and testing of fixed appliances. This is a QCF regulated qualification, not just a competency course, which allows you to demonstrate your knowledge for the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical equipment in the UK. It is based primarily on the latest Edition of BS7671 and the new IET code of practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition.
- Understand the statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to electrical equipment maintenance
- Understand electrical units, circuits, components and definitions associated with In-Service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand how equipment construction and classification reduces the risk of electric shock
- Understand the procedures for the In-Service Inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand why and how to carry out inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand the information relating to in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand the responsibilities and training requirements for personnel associated with inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Be able to inspect and test items of electrical equipment
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification and is for anyone that must have PAT testing undertaken i.e. offices / schools / care homes / factories; indeed it is a requirement that all commercial premises have to have equipment inspected and tested annually.
Our course is over 1 day, 08:30 – 16:30 and we provide tea, coffee and plenty of biscuits.
This recognised Level 3 qualification is awarded by Logic Certification Ltd and you would normally receive your certificates direct to you within 15 working days.
We have, for use in centre, copies of the New IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition however, we highly recommend that you purchase your own copy to use on a day to day basis as a guidance. These can be ordered from the internet or purchased from any good electrical wholesaler.