PAT Testing has now moved forward and has brought the inspection and testing of fixed appliances. This is a QCF regulated qualification, not just a competency course, which allows you to demonstrate your knowledge for the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical equipment in the UK. It is based primarily on the latest Edition of BS7671 and the new IET code of practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition.
- Understand the statutory and non-statutory requirements relevant to electrical equipment maintenance
- Understand electrical units, circuits, components and definitions associated with In-Service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand how equipment construction and classification reduces the risk of electric shock
- Understand the procedures for the In-Service Inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand why and how to carry out inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand the information relating to in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Understand the responsibilities and training requirements for personnel associated with inspection and testing of electrical equipment
- Be able to inspect and test items of electrical equipment
Who can do this course?
There are no pre-requisites for this qualification and is for anyone that must have PAT testing undertaken i.e. offices / schools / care homes / factories; indeed it is a requirement that all commercial premises have to have equipment inspected and tested annually.
Our course is over 1 day, 08:30 – 16:30 and we provide a fresh lunch, tea, coffee and plenty of biscuits.
This recognised Level 3 qualification is awarded by Logic Certification Ltd and you would normally receive your certificates direct to you within 15 working days.
Enquiry & Enrolment
We have, for use in centre, copies of the New IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment 4th Edition however, we highly recommend that you purchase your own copy to use on a day to day basis as a guidance. These can be ordered from the internet or purchased from any good electrical wholesaler.