New Entrant to the Air Source Heat Pump Industry
Regulated qualification, MCS recognised, which gives you the skills and knowledge to be able to go straight into the industry.
This combined plumbing and air source heat pump installation and maintenance bundle is everything you need to be able to either, start your own business or, work for an already established company.
There has never been a better time to get into the renewable sector and air source heat pumps are certainly the Government’s main focus for leading climate change against the use of fossil fuels. The Government have put measures in place to allow the air source sector to grow like nothing before.
Here are the figures of how it will look:
Currently there are 1,000 active companies registered with MCS and to meet this target there needs to be 40,000, each having 3 to 4 engineers.
This means there is going to be a huge market for newly qualified industry professionals to get into this market.
Check out the information below…
Please click all the drop-down taps for more information, then if you would like even more info click the enquiry tab and fill in as much detail about yourself as you can and John will give you a call to answer any questions you may have
Anyone. This course is aimed at career changers that have no knowledge of the industry at all. it also caters for other trades people looking to move into the air source heat pump industry and experienced trades people that hold no formal qualifications.
- Firstly, water regulations, an intense look at the why, how and when of the water and plumbing industry
- An intense look at the hot water systems within the industry including open vented and pressurised hot water cylinder installations, repair and maintenance.
- Energy efficiency and Part L of building regulations specialising in the understanding, design and competency of heating system installations.
- Level 2 diploma gaining experience with the knowledge and skills to install and maintain plumbing and heating systems in accordance with legislation, regulation and industry standards
- Various heat pump installations with industry knowledge and skills needed to successfully design, install and maintain air source heat pumps including installation, commissioning, handover, inspection service and maintenance of non-refrigerated circuits within air source heat pumps.
- Pricing and quotations with customer handling and advice relating to the installation of air source heat pumps
- MCS requirements and information needed for approval
On successful completion you will receive the following qualifications:
- WRAS – water regulation certificate i( LCL awards)
- HWSS – hot water systems and safety (includes unvented hot water) (LCL awards)
- Level 3 award in energy efficiency (LCL awards)
- Level 2 diploma in the maintenance of plumbing and heating systems (LCL awards)
- Level 3 award in the installation of maintenance of air source heat pumps (LCL awards)
Option 1: Intense block package in centre. 34 days over two months. £6,305 plus VAT
Option 2: Home study where 80% of the theory knowledge is completed at home, with the remainder and all practical sessions and assessments completed in the centre (approximately 25 days) £6,995 plus VAT
Option 3: One day a fortnight over two years, 45 days in the centre with home study completion £6,995 plus VAT
Other useful information about how the industry is developing:
The average domestic air source heat pump installation is between £8,000-£12,000 with profits of £2,000-£4,000 for as little as 2 to 3 days work
From October 2021 MCS regulation is a simple process. Our combined bundle allows registration application.
We have a trade supplies sister company where we can design, supply and offer extra support once you have completed your course.
John has many year’s industry knowledge and will be on hand for ongoing support and guidance once completed, so you never have to worry.
We can offer on-site installation support services for you for the first installations if you need (charges apply).
Become part of the next generation of tradesmen…
The future is bright in this sector and your work will make a real difference to taking care of our environment.
DON’T DELAY… the shortage of tradesmen is real and the need to train for the future is now!
In association with: