You must hold a current CCN1 or COCN1 certificate and appropriate appliance qualifications.
Natural Gas to LPG Change Over
This natural gas to LPG Change Over package is everything needed to work on LPG in permanent dwellings, residential park homes and leisure accommodation vehicles.
The LPG market is huge as there are not many installers that hold these qualifications in these specialised areas, so you can expect an increased workload with most installers charging higher rates than natural gas as a result.
On successful completion of your qualifications will automatically be uploaded to your Gas Safe Registration.
Our course includes:
- All training material and documents
- Copy of the new IGEM G11
- GIUSP Document
- A new up to date copy of the Training Maunual (A5 size to fit in your tool box)
- Associated Assessments
- Lunch, tea, coffee and biscuits
Once you have confirmed your booking then you are more than welcome to collect your training material if you wish to do so.
You must hold a current CCN1 or COCN1 certificate and appropriate appliance qualifications. For example, if you want to work on a LPG cooker in a leisure accommodation vehicle you will need the following:
- Core Domestic Gas Safety (CCN1)
- Cookers (CKR1)
- LPG Changeover (CONGLP1)
- Leisure Accommodation Vehicles (CONGLP LAV)
The following areas will be covered:
- Gas safety legislation and standards
- Gas emergency actions and procedures
- Products and characteristics of combustion (inc. combustion performance analysis)
- Characteristics of LPG
- Supply pressures
- Operation and positioning of emergency isolation, flow control and valves for cylinders
- Cylinder location, safety and sizing
- Installation of pipework and fittings
- Tightness testing and purging (PD, LAV and RPH)
- Unsafe situations, use of emergency notices and warning labels
- Operation and checking of appliance gas safety devices and controls
- Chimney standards
- Chimney inspection and testing
- Installation of open, closed, balanced and fan assisted chimneys
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances.
On successful completion of the course you will be qualified in the following areas:
- LPG Changeover – CONGLP1
- Permanent Dwellings – CONGLP1PD
- Residential Park Homes – CONGLP1RPH
- Leisure Accommodation Vehicles – CONGLP1LAV
Classroom based for the theory and practical training followed by in centre assessment.
Logic’s LPG Gas Safety Training Manual is provided.
Training – 2 days
Assessment – 1 day