The program runs over 4 days, Monday to Thursday 8:30-4pm.
It covers practical skills in Plumbing, Painting and Decorating, Electrical and Carpentry with an element of Health and Safety.
There will be some theory included in this course however the main focus on gaining practical skills and knowledge.
- Design and workings of hot and cold water systems
- Working with copper and plastic pipework
- Use of bending tools and soldering equipment
Painting and Decorating:
- Preparation of surfaces
- Types of paint, brushes and rollers
- Coating and finishing of various surfaces
- Different types of wiring
- Stripping, preparing and terminating various cables
- Electrical tools and requirements
- Safe isolation of electrical installations
- Practical use of tools
- Preparation of Skirting Boards and architraves
- Installation of Skirting Boards and Architraves leaving ready for decoration
Health and Safety:
- This is a brief look at requirements for the above skills with site preparation and site clear down built in.
Both training and assessments are completed during the four days where you will build a portfolio of evidence, once you have been issued with your certificate the Portfolio is yours to keep.
All the tools you will need during your course are provided for you, so you just need to turn up.