Our Domestic Electrical Training & Assessment Package has been designed for the career changer and is a perfect way to start your career as a Domestic Electrician. The qualifications gained on successful completion allow you to register with an approved Competent Person Scheme such as NICEIC or NAPIT.
The course covers everything from a simple socket replacement to full rewires including consumer upgrades. There is plenty of practical sessions to compliment the theory training.
How does the Training & Assessment Process work?
This course runs over a 5-week period (Monday to Thursday), from 08:30am to 16:30pm.
Week 1: This is mainly practical skills based on wiring tasks undertaken
Week 2: This brings in the theory to compliment the practical skills learnt and covers the training manual in-depth
Week 3: The Domestic Electrical Qualification including; Initial Inspecting & Testing of Domestic Electrical Installations followed by the practical assessments and theory exams
Week 4: This is the Regs week with Training & Assessments on:
- 18th Edition Regulation
- Inservice Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment Qualification Training & Assessments (PAT Testing)
Week 5: This week covers initial inspection & testing of Electrical Installations; this gives the added bonus of being able to inspect, test & certify other peoples work
Will I Need To Complete A Portfolio Of Evidence?
No, there is no requirement to undertake a portfolio of onsite work experience to complete these qualifications.
Can I Register With a Competent Person Scheme Once This Course is Completed?
Yes, these Combined Qualifications are recognised by Competent Person Schemes as approved courses for registration as a domestic installer. This will allow you to inspect & test yours and other peoples work, complete all relevant required paperwork, register your installation and have the appropriate Building Compliance Certificates sent out on your behalf.
Areas That Will be Covered in the Course
- Introduction to Domestic Electrical Installation including the How, What & Why
- Both Electrical theory and Practical tasks
- Special location installations including IP Rating
- Protective Equipotential Bonding and Earthing Requirements
- Circuit Design & Installations including; Ring, Radial and Lighting Circuits
- Whole house design & installation requirements including; consumer unit upgrades and installations
- External wiring including; garages, outhouses, lighting & power
- Commissioning Domestic Installations, completing of paperwork and certification
- Competent Person Scheme registration and requirements
Help & Support You Can Expect To Receive From Us Both during & After Your Course
Whether you decide to work for a company or decide to set up your own business we are to help in any way possible. We have ties with various companies and professionals that can help get your business set up.
- Insurance brokers
- Tool purchasing
We are also happy to offer support with the day to day running of your business with things like:
- Pricing of jobs
- Social media platforms
- Support with issues or queries you may have
Course Costs and Payment Terms
The complete Domestic Electrical Training & Assessment package is:
Included in this price is everything you will need, plus plenty of tea, coffee and biscuits with fresh sandwiches, chocolate bars and crisps provided for lunch, with no hidden costs.
We take a 10% deposit when booking is made to secure your place on the course as we limit course numbers to 6 candidates. Within two weeks of booking a further 40% will need to be paid, this is when your registrations are made and you will be to collect all your training materials, if you wish. Lastly 2 weeks prior to your course date the final balance will need to be payed.
*Terms and Conditions apply to all payments made*