This package is for Domestic Engineers looking to move into the Commercial sector. It is everything needed including TPCP1A.
This 6 day complete commercial change over package is designed to allow domestic installers to make the transition into the commercial sector, this package gives informative training and assessment sessions and includes everything you will need to move across to the commercial heating sector. It also includes TPCP1A – strength, tightness testing and direct purging of commercial installations up to 6* pipework. The latest training manuals and IGEM documents are included in the pricing. We also provide lunch each day.
Who is it for?
Operatives must hold a valid CCN1 qualification and are looking to expand into the commercial heating sector.
We provide everything you need for the course, including the most up to date training manual.
The course involves 6 days in centre training on both theory and practical elements on:
- Clean Air Act
- Commercial chimney system requirements
- Installation requirements of commercial gas Pipework above 35mm
- Strength testing, tightness testing and purging of commercial gas pipework up to 6” diameter or 1mᶟ in volume
- Commercial pipework and appliance controls
- Combustion analysis of commercial appliances including NOX and SOX
- Operation of force draft burners
- Ventilation requirements of commercial appliances
- Commission, service, repair and breakdown of overhead radiant plaque heaters and radiant tube heaters
The assessments are undertaken in centre over two days with a mix of practical tasks and multiple choice written papers on:
- CODNCO1 – Changeover Domestic to Commercial
- ICPN1 – Installation first fix on commercial pipework
- TPCP1A – Strength testing, tightness testing and direct purging commercial installations upto 1mᶟ in volume or 6” in diameter
- CDGA1 – Direct fired commercial appliances
- CIGA1 – Indirect fired commercial appliances
- CORT1 – Overhead radiant plaque & radiant tube heaters
What happens once the assessments are complete?
Once your training and assessments are successfully completed, our Internal Quality Assurance Team will check through and sign off your portfolio and from here your portfolio will be forwarded to Logic Certification Ltd for verification and certification. Once certification has been issued, Logic Certification will automatically notify the Gas Safe Register. This process normally takes 3 to 5 weeks, however, a Fast Track Service is available which reduces the time to approximately 7 to 10 days (this is chargeable if required).
8 days normally, Monday to Thursday, 08:30 start – 16:30, finish for 2 consecutive weeks.
Course Price and how can I pay?
The course is priced at £1,794 Inc. VAT and this includes all registrations, training, training manuals, assessments, certification fees and lunch each day in centre.
Please note: On all bookings, we require a 50% deposit with the balance due 2 weeks prior to the course start date.